communication

 Effective communication: Pay attention to your word choice and voice protection

Our lives have changed because of Covic-19. We found ourselves in different, difficult and uncertain times with our jobs, careers, families and finances.

How we work, socialize and live with each other has changed.

The way we communicate with each other has also changed.

Limited is face-to-face interaction with bosses, coworkers, clients, colleagues, customers, extended family members and friends.

Increased, however, are moments of bondage with family members such as family, husband, wife, partner, boyfriend, girlfriend and significant others.

The way we communicate with each other has become more than the kind of medium we use (i.e. face, zoom, facetime, duo, Marco Polo).

The way we communicate with each other has become a reminder of what we say and how we say it.

Adequate, respectful and loving communication is essential now. The reason I say this is that in the last few months, I have noticed a change in television advertising. Often now I see ads related to suicide prevention, mental health, domestic violence, child abuse and stress management.

This type of advertising is a symptom that people face more stress and conflict in their lives than ever before.

This type of commercial advertising is a sign that people are feeling the pressure in places where they hurt themselves and/or others.

When the pressure increases further and when we feel that we can no longer take it, we lose the ability to communicate effectively. Instead of asking directly what we want and carefully we kill, say names, write names or say nothing. We limit the possibility of our healthy, results-oriented conversations.

Now - much more than before - it's time to make sure we focus on how we communicate!

Our communication skills must be used in a healthy way to save our lives, maintain our relationships and positively contribute to the lives of others.

During this time, we must be aware of our word choice. Choosing our words carefully when we speak allows us to be aware of what we actually say. Saying the right things when we talk allows us to maintain a valuable relationship with our loved ones. Using appropriate words when we talk to ourselves boosts our confidence and begins to alleviate some of the frustrations we feel.

At this point, we must pay attention to the voice tone. We've heard the saying over and over again, "It's not what you're saying, it's how you say it" "Speaking the right thing to others and to yourself - can be compromised by using the wrong tone.

A conversation with my boyfriend recently reminded me of these two lessons.

He and I were discussing an incident that happened a few weeks ago. He told me that I was with him during that time. When I heard and thought about the incident, I realized that he was right. I meant him.

And it all happened to my word choice and voice tune!

Argh!

Although he told me that he forgave me because he knew I was taking something at that time, I must admit, I realized that I had slipped and used the wrong word choice and voice tone with my honey.

I was disappointed. As you can see, this is my problem. In depressing situations - especially with my loved ones I struggle to keep it together with the choice of my words and the melody of my voice.

Over the years in depressing situations, I have become better at choosing the right words and using voice tones. Unfortunately, based on conversations with my boyfriend, I realized that I was re-engaged and my problem spots reappeared.

I thank him for being honest with me instead of beating himself up. I hugged him and kissed him and apologized. I then acknowledged the incident as an opportunity to grow.

I made a mental note to myself to remember how my frustrations affected my word choice and voice tone. I promised to practice effective communication no matter how frustrated I felt.

  1. How are you?
  2. Have you ever said the wrong thing to someone you love? 
  3. Did you let the tone of your words ruin your conversation?

These are frustrating times that call for effective use of our communication skills. We need to be aware of what we say and the tone in which we say it. For help we can use our word choice and voice tone; Solve domestic problems without violence; Raising our children with love without abusing them; And speak of strength and positivity in our lives and in the lives of others.

The next time you find yourself frustrated in a conversation with someone, I tell you to do what I tell you to do, pay attention to your word choice and voice tone.

This will help you to have a healthy, respectful and result-oriented conversation so that you do not regret it.

Read the more related topics:  Is arranged marriage better for society?